DIGIT are looking for Game Client Developers to work in their Dublin 2 office.
Founded in 2012, DIGIT is a cross-platform game developer based in Dublin, Ireland. They are the largest game developer in the country with an international team of experienced, passionate game-makers who create world leading next-gen MMORTS and Empire-Building games, played by millions of mobile gamers.
Game Client Developers:
Reporting to the Game Client Lead, successful candidates will join a highly skilled games client development team to help DIGIT deliver a super quality mobile strategy game, based on an iconic AAA IP.
– Develop next-gen MMORTS mobile games using Unity (across multiple devices) aiming to be played by millions of players
– Work closely with designers and UX/UI to get thorough specs and flesh out the best way to get new ideas into the game. (Work through storyboards, wireframes, feature specs etc)
– Implement a great UI, with rich game animations/interactions and great 2D & 3D user interfaces
– Write content pipeline tools and editor extensions, to streamline production
– Work closely with the Art team to get awesome artwork into the game and use Level Of Detail, to make it run on as many devices as possible
– Work with games server team (e.g. for persistent game data, error handling, network connections etc.)
– Attend daily standups and break down user stories for sprint planning and estimates
– Focus on writing clean, efficient and optimised code. Always be thinking about things like optimising memory usage, frame rates, garbage collection, maintainability etc.
– Test your own code extensively and work closely with the QA team to resolve bugs and to hit sprint goals with a high product quality
– Collaborate with the Platform team (e.g Login, authentication, creating accounts, getting data for general content etc.
To do this job, you will need:
– 3+ years of game-dev industry experience (AAA or F2P MMO game-dev experience)
– Experienced in developing 3D games using Unity – regrettably we cannot consider applications without Games industry experience
– Excellent C# (.Net 3.5) skills
– Very good understanding of real-time rendering and rendering bottlenecks
– Solid understanding how to write low-latency and low-garbage code in C#
– Fluent in using Git
– Solid understanding of programming principles, how components work together and various common architectural approaches
– Enjoy solving complex technical problems, in large scale systems
Non-essential, but useful:
– Experience in games programming outside of Unity using either C++, OpenGL or DirectX
– Competence with realtime shader development (HLSL/CGFX, Unity’s ShaderLab)
– Mobile experience (whether it’s native iOS or Android, or an understanding of the limitations of mobile platforms etc.)
– WebGL experience.
What DIGIT can offer you?
– Opportunity to work with a great team of experienced Game Client Developers
-We’ve got a deep and varied tech stack – your kept challenged and learning
– Opportunity to join a rapidly scaling successful Irish games company, and deliver an AAA Iconic IP product to millions
– To see all our Benefits and learn more, please visit us on https://www.digitgaming.com/
This role is based full time in our office in Dublin 2, Ireland. It’s a great city location, close to all transport, and five minutes from Dublin City Centre.
For more information, or to apply
Posted 15th June, 2016.