DIGIT are looking for Game Server Developers to work in their Dublin 2 office.
Founded in 2012, DIGIT is a cross-platform game developer based in Dublin, Ireland. They are the largest game developer in the country with an international team of experienced, passionate game-makers who create world leading next-gen MMORTS and Empire-Building games, played by millions of mobile gamers.
Our technology stack
We have a deep and varied tech stack in DIGIT. There’s lots to keep you technically challenged and learning. Here’s a flavour;
-Python, Microservices, Flask, Tornado, Celery etc.
– Redis Cluster, RabbitMQ
– Git, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Mesos, Terraform
– Microservices, Real time games server architecture, Unity etc.
Game Server Developer:
The successful candidates will be part of a small, highly skilled game server development team, developing scalable backends with focus on consistency and low latency.
– Work on existing and new mobile MMOs, improving existing servers as well as co-designing architectures for new titles
– Implementing game featuresas well as tools that empower our LiveOps & Game-Design teams to create new and exciting gameplay experiences
– Design and implement server side logic
– Create low latency solutions and highly scalable and consistent systems
– Attend daily standups – work closely with the feature owners and game client developers to implement features
– Work with game client developers to implement networked communications between game client and server
– Work with DevOps on scaling and deploying large scale distributed systems
– Write high quality tests(Unit, functional, smoke etc) and work with QA teams
– This role will require a one week rotating on call element (Paid).
To do this job, you will need:
-2-3+ years as part of a professional game development team or other relevant experience
– Very experienced developing highly available backends and servers, for large scale MMO games
– Experienced in creating large scale distributed systems
– Solid Python development skills
– Strong Linux (e.g login & debug server, working with log files, comfortable using Linux Bash terminal etc.)
– Experience working with Redis (or other open source Databases) ORMs and migration scripts
– Ability to write efficient low-latency and low-IO code & systems
– Good understanding on how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc
– Experienced in data migration and in using GIT
What DIGIT can offer you?
– Opportunity to work with a great team of experienced Game Client Developers
-We’ve got a deep and varied tech stack – your kept challenged and learning
– Opportunity to join a rapidly scaling successful Irish games company, and deliver an AAA Iconic IP product to millions
– To see all our Benefits and learn more, please visit us on https://www.digitgaming.com/
This role is based full time in our office in Dublin 2, Ireland. It’s a great city location, close to all transport, and five minutes from Dublin City Centre.
For more information, or to apply
Posted 15th June, 2016.