DIGIT are looking for a Lead Client Developer to work in their Dublin 2 office.
Founded in 2012, DIGIT is a cross-platform game developer based in Dublin, Ireland. They are the largest game developer in the country with an international team of experienced, passionate game-makers who create world leading next-gen MMORTS and Empire-Building games, played by millions of mobile gamers.
Our goals for this role
Working with a games CTO veteran, your goal is to manage a highly skilled team of games client developers for DIGIT
We want you to help us deliver a super quality mobile strategy game, based on an iconic AAA IP.
Here’s what you will be doing
– Agree and implement all technical goals assigned by (CTO)
– Own and enhance the game’s architecture
– Lead a small Agile team of experienced game client developers. Assign workloads, conduct code reviews, technically coach, set goals etc.
– Attend daily standups – make sure your teams stories are delivered on time
– Work closely with feature owners to provide feedback on features. Identify/mitigate any technical issues. Work with stakeholders to figure out and implement the best alternative technical solutions
– Be the quality gate for all codes that goes into the product. Keep the team writing clean, efficient and optimised code
– Conduct pair programming, 1-1’s & knowledge sharing sessions to enhance skills
-Work closely with QA team to resolve bugs and deliver high quality code for testing
– Contribute directly to the code base (hands on Unity development)
– Work closely with multiple stakeholder teams throughout delivery e.g games server leads, platform team feature owners, devops etc.
To do this job, you will need;
– 5-7+ years of game-dev industry experience (AAA or F2P MMO game-dev experience).
-Have technically led or managed a game client team (any size really)
– Experienced in developing 3D games using Unity – regrettably we cannot consider applications without Games industry experience
– Excellent understanding of programming principles, how components work together and various common architectural approaches
– Ability to solve complex technical problems, in large scale systems
– An excellent communicator – proven ability to engage and motivate, to bring out the best in people
– Excellent experience working with multiple stakeholders in the dev process – be able to understand their goals, and deliver/ evaluate various tech solutions to meet these
– Be very service orientated and instill this mindset across your team
– Excellent C# (.Net 3.5) skills
-Very good understanding of real-time rendering and rendering bottlenecks
– Fluent in using Git
– It goes without saying that you love playing games, as much as we love making them.
What DIGIT can offer you?
– Opportunity to lead a team of experienced Game Client Developers
-You get to own and shape the Architecture – We’ve got a deep and varied tech stack – your kept challenged and learning
– Senior Management buy in, so you’re supported to make real changes, fast
– Opportunity to join a rapidly scaling successful Irish games company and deliver an AAA Iconic IP product
– To see all our Benefits and learn more, please visit us on https://www.digitgaming.com
This role is based full time in our office in Dublin 2, Ireland. It’s a great city location, close to all transport, and five minutes from Dublin City Centre.
For more information and to apply
Job url: https://www.digitgaming.com/careers/job-listings/job/?id=65442A18F0&jobTitle=Lead%20Client%20Developer%20(Unity)
Posted 15th June, 2016.