DIGIT are looking for a Senior QA Tester to work in their Dublin 2 office.
Founded in 2012, DIGIT is a cross-platform game developer based in Dublin, Ireland. They are the largest game developer in the country with an international team of experienced, passionate game-makers who create world leading next-gen MMORTS and Empire-Building games, played by millions of mobile gamers.
Senior QA Tester
– You’re responsible for owning and improving the QA pipeline for our games
– You’re in the driving seat, making sure DIGIT deliver the highest quality, for our next-gen MMORTS and Empire-Building games, played by millions of mobile gamers globally.
Here’s what you will be doing:
– Take ownership of areas of the QA pipeline, taking a proactive role in constantly improving processes
– Play an active part in Sprint Planning, and Scrum in general, being a vocal advocate for quality
– Administration of our bug databases
– Mentoring and guiding more junior members of the QA team
– Take responsibility for championing the quality of our games. Ensure that this quality is consistently maintained
– Test case creation and maintenance
– Manual testing. Such as regression tests, smoke tests and play tests
– Reporting and regression of defects. Using bug tracking tools and reporting in a highly accurate and concise manner
– Game balancing and gameplay improvements feedback.
To do this job, you will need:
– At least 3 years’ experience in a games QA role, with at least 1 of those years in a Senior QA role
Important: Regrettably we cannot accept applications from those without “games QA” experience, or those requiring work permit sponsorship for Ireland
– Proven ability to think outside the box in identifying potential problems and troubleshooting existing issues
– Experience working in an Agile development environment
– Experience managing external QA vendors and contractors, ensuring they deliver
– Highly methodical and thorough, and willing to spend hours trying to break features
– Exceptionally good at communicating, both written and verbally, with fellow team members in a very open and honest environment
– An enthusiastic and motivated gamer who loves playing, beating and breaking games.
Non-essential, but useful:
– Experience with mobile and tablet gaming a major plus
– Technical expertise and experience a distinct advantage
What DIGIT can offer you?
– Opportunity to work with a great team of experienced QA and games developers
– A deep and varied tech stack – your kept challenged and learning
– Opportunity to join a rapidly scaling successful Irish games company, and deliver an AAA Iconic IP product to millions
– To see all our Benefits and learn more, please visit us on https://www.digitgaming.com/
Posted 6th July, 2016.