The European Serious Games Awards aim to celebrate the best videogames for learning created in Europe. We will rely on scientific evaluation of the submitted games in order to award prizes not only to the best Serious Games, but also to the best academic works in the field.
The Awards Ceremony will take place during the VS-Games 2012 Conference in Genoa, Italy, on October 30th 2012 (http://www.vs-games2012.org/).
Each winner of one the 4 European Serious Games Awards will be
rewarded by the following cash prizes:
Awards for the Serious Games:
– Best Learning Game Award (1st place): 1000€
– Best Learning Game Award (2nd place): 500€
Award for the evaluation of Serious Games:
– Best Learning Game Evaluation: 500€
Award for the academic students:
– Best Student Academic Paper: 500€
Each winner will also get a free entrance to the VS-Games 2012
Conference, where the Awards ceremony will take place. We will offer one conference registration (worth about 400€) for each award winner who will attend to the Awards ceremony (travel and accommodation costs remaining at the charge of the winners).
To submit a Serious Game:
– Your game must have been created by and/or funded by an organization within Europe (private company, school or university, NGO…)
– Your game is available in English.
– You agree to provide us with at least three working copies of your game (to perform the evaluations).
– Fulfil the game submission form and send it to email@example.com before June 30th.
To volunteer for the scientific evaluation of Serious Games:
– The scientific evaluation of the submitted games will be performed by the members of the GALA Young Academy.
– If you wish to participate in the evaluation process of the games
for the European Serious Games Awards and maybe win the “Best Learning Game Evaluation Award”, you need to be a member of the Young Academy first.
The young academy is open to students, researchers, teachers
and professional working on Serious Games. Check the GALA Young Academy to subscribe and see how you can participate in the evaluation process.
– If you are interested, be sure to get in touch with the GALA Young Academy before June 30th.
To submit an academic student paper:
– You are a Master or PhD Student studying in an European school or university.
– Your article is between 4 and 8 pages long.
– Your article is written in English language.
– Your article was accepted to a conference or journal (reference
needed for verification – if you have been accepted to a conference that didn’t take place yet or in a journal issue that is yet to be published, please send the acceptation letter).
– Only one paper can be submitted per student.
– Fulfil the student paper submission form and send it to
firstname.lastname@example.org before June 30th.
For further information, please check the official European Serious
Games Awards website: http://www.galanoe.eu/sgawards.html
The European Serious Games Awards are organized by GALA, an European Network of Excellence dedicated to research on Serious Games