Job Title: Game Developer
Job Type: 6 month contract, full time
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Galvanic Ltd is an Irish technology company that has developed the Pip hand-held biosensor which, together with apps, helps users measure, understand and, over time, learn to manage stress.
This innovative stress management product has featured on the BBC, Irish Times, Mashable and TechCrunch.
The Pip relays changes in a person’s stress and relaxation to a Bluetooth enabled smart device. Galvanic’s proprietary signal processing algorithms convert this information into meaningful stress or relaxation metrics which are used to control a suite of engaging applications providing the user with a convenient, easy-to-use solution for easing managing stress.
Galvanic requires an experienced, talented developer to join our team on a contract basis, to provide maternity leave cover. The successful applicant must be able to hit the ground running and quickly get to grips with the learning curve.
You will be involved in all aspects of the cross-platform app development lifecycle from design and implementation to testing and app store submission. This is a superb opportunity to get involved in a dynamic, innovative business and to apply your skill set and problem solving abilities in a highly creative environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain mobile apps for the Pip Platform
• Contribute creatively to all aspects of App design and implementation
• Participate in the creation of design and technical documentation.
• Devise robust, maintainable and extensible mobile software systems.
• Develop elegant and efficient implementations based on design documents.
• Create clean, maintainable and understandable code through design patterns and code commenting.
• Work collaboratively with a small team of developers to produce best-in-class mobile apps for the Pip platform.
• Undertake any other duties reasonably required by Galvanic
• Third-level qualification in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a related discipline (post-graduate qualification an advantage).
• Minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience.
• Experience developing in Unity 3D
• Development experience in C# a must
• Experience developing native apps for either Android or iOS – preferably both.
• Development experience in some or all of the following: Android Java, Objective-C, C++.
• Familiarity with the various app store submission processes a plus.
• Experience in the use of cross-platform mobile development systems such as Marmalade.
• Passion for software development and learning new technical skills.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to view specific tasks in terms of the big picture.
• A relentless drive to engineer elegant, structured solutions to complex problems, in order to create readily maintainable and extensible systems.
• Ability to document designs, specifications and source code clearly, accurately and concisely.
• Keen awareness of, and insight into, the nuances, requirements and capabilities of mobile clients.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Flexible approach with ability effectively to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work unsupervised and effectively within a team
• Knowledge and experience of consumer wearable sensors would be beneficial.
• Experience of working in a dynamic startup environment would be beneficial.
To apply, please email a covering note and CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Game Developer” in the subject line.
[Posted April 15th, 2016]