Submit your events to GameDevelopers.ie by clicking here
- This event has passed.
3Dcamp Dublin & Irish VR meetup
September 22, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
September’s meetup is another joint-event between 3Dcamp Dublin and Irish VR.
We will hear presentations from –
(1) Mark Roddy, CEO of Sligo based MindMyths – making an app that “will transport you to a meditative landscape of your own choosing, thereby helping to improve your general wellbeing and your body’s natural ability for self-healing”. The image below shows Mark demonstrating MindMyths at Health 2.0 Europe 2016.
(2) Peter Williams, Co-founder, CTO & Chairman at Sprism Ltd., and previously Founding partner and Joint Managing Director at Virtual Studios Ltd, London (1990 – 1997) – The world’s first dedicated immersive virtual reality design studio. The image below, shows Peter in the Virtual ‘S’ VR production studio using their Division Provision VR system with the VPL Eyphone.
And we will see demos from –
(1) Gleb Lebedev who will bring along the Virtual Racing attraction that was a huge hit at Dublin Maker festival recently. Made of wood and microcontrollers the machine places you on a virtual racing track. Gleb will explain how it works so you can build one for yourself. It’s an early prototype so bring your helmet! ;-)
We will have round-table discussion with –
(1) Camille Donegan of VR Community Ireland will lead a side discussion area in parallel to the demos. This will be a ‘huddle’ for people to share on particular topics e.g. filming for VR, VR interactivity, what excites you most about the possibilities of VR, your favourite VR experience to date, etc. People are welcome to come and go to and from the circle at particular times if they are interested in the topic, as marked on the blackboard.
More speakers and details to follow…
- 3Dcamp Dublin & Irish VR meetup
152-155 Church Street, Dublin , 7 + Google Map