Submit your events to GameDevelopers.ie by clicking here
- This event has passed.
The Global Archiact Online Gear VR Game Jam
November 16, 2016 @ 12:00 am - December 29, 2016 @ 12:00 amFree
Make VR games, win prizes, and have fun on the Samsung Gear VR!
Welcome to the 6th Global Archiact Jam! We are calling all developers to make the best mobile VR game on the Samsung Gear VR. Make cool games and win up to $3500 in prizes!
PLEASE NOTE: Global Archiact Jam is free to join! There is no theme, so let your imagination wander.
We all have one common interest – we love games. Global Archiact Jam is your chance to connect with other VR enthusiasts (or to push your own limits), to build the best mobile VR game. It doesn’t matter if this is your first game jam or your 10th, we encourage everyone to participate.
- Learn more about your weapon of choice: Samsung Gear VR
- Sign up using the “Register for this hackathon” button on the side of this page
- Find teammates that have signed up for Devpost
Milestone 1 – Idea/Pitch: November 16 at 4:00PM PT
- Game Idea/Description (required)
- Team/Individual (required)
Milestone 2 – Screenshots: November 23 at 4:00PM PT
- Game Screenshots (required)
- Updated Description, Track
Milestone 3 – Final Build: November 29 at 4:00PM PT
- Submit your final build on SideloadVR.com. (required)
Submit here: http://sideloadvr.com/developer/submit/
- Submit the Sideload link onto Devpost
- Final Description, Track, Screenshots (required)
- Final Game Poster (recommended)
- Final Updated Video Preview (recommended)
Round 1 Social Voting begins! – November 30 at 1:00PM to December 6 at 1:00PM
- Screenshot/video and description will be uploaded onto our Facebook page and voting will done there
(Top 50% of contestants moves onto next round)
Round 2 Judging Period Begins – December 7
Archiact will post the game poster/screenshot or video of gameplay if you submitted one for each entry on our Facebook page. Get as many likes and comments as possible! 1 like = 1 pt. 1 comment = 2 pts. (Max of 3 points per person will be counted.)
Top 50% with the most points will move onto second round of judging!
Archiact judges + guest judges will assess the remaining entries on the following criteria:
Each category will be ranked out of 5. 1st place will be given to the team with the highest score, 2nd place to the second highest score, and 3rd place to the third highest score.
BONUS POINTS: Multi-player function