Lead QA (Full Time) - Digit Game Studios (Dub)
|3rd June 2012
At Digit, QA is much more than just checking for bugs. It's an integral part of our game development process and nothing goes out of the door without QA sign off.
We are hunting for an exceptional QA professional to lead these efforts. This role will be an important part of a new and growing games development studio and will play a key role in defining our culture of quality and eventually growing a top class QA team around them.
This is a role for someone who loves working in QA, not for someone using QA to get into other sections of the company.
- Create and maintain full proof test cases for all testing requirements
- Perform manual and automated testing of our games, including full test passes, smoke tests and stress tests
- Identify, investigate and troubleshoot problems before reporting them in a concise and highly accurate manner
- Perform bug regression and ensure effective bug fixing is being carried out at all times
- Provide testing reports to management to highlight progress and roadblocks
- Work closely with developers, art and games design and provide QA input at daily SCRUM meetings
- An exceptional QA professional with at least 4 years experience in software testing. Experience testing browser/mobile/social games a big plus.
- An ability to think outside the box in identifying potential problems and troubleshooting existing issues
- Highly methodical and thorough, and willing to spend hours trying to break features
- Exceptionally good at communicating, both written and verbally, to fellow team members
- Can effectively test all aspects of a game including game mechanics, UI, game balance and usability
- Previous experience leading a QA team
Donít apply unless you LOVE playing and creating games (By games we mean MMO, RTS, FPS, RPG Ė Not Wii Bowling).
Weíre a VC backed Dublin based games developer and publisher working on a variety of new cross platform titles built using a variety of open source technologies.
Digit was founded by four veterans of the gaming industry who share the same vision for developing a new breed of game (We canít say what it is yet!).
Our founders have huge amounts of experience in developing and launching games including : World leading MMOs (Runescape, Star Trek Online), AAA console titles (Tomb Raider,Colin McRae, Mirrors Edge), Online (Battlefield Heroes, Championship Manager Rivals) and mobile games (Bejewelled, Chuzzle). All of our founders are avid gamers and can often be found playing (And trying to break) the latest games.