Software Engineer, Online Services (Dublin) - Demonware (Dub)
|1st August 2012
DemonWare, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, are specialists in creating client- and server-side networking software and services for video games such as Guitar Hero, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
As a software services company we develop and deploy robust, scalable services to support millions of users often with often rapid turn around times.
Demonware works very closely with game studios and website developers to produce feature-rich, player-stats-driven websites like Call of Duty Elite (https://elite.callofduty.com) and Skylanders: Spyro's Universe (http://universe.skylanders.com).
We have an opening in our Dublin, Ireland office for developers responsible for Demonware's web components, such as the webservices interface to the Demonware server backend and user account systems.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer, Online Services (Dublin)
•Designing and maintaining the Demonware webservices framework
•Writing custom webservices to serve game data
•Working closely with both game studio developers and website frontend
• Has a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent program
• Has excellent Python skills, especially experience with Django
• Has experience with web application development, with focus on security and scalability
• Has experience with XML-RPC- or REST-based webservices
• Has experience with SQL and database design, specifically MySQL
• Has experience with Linux/Unix
• Has strong skills in statistics and analytics
• Has a broad understanding of networking protocols, e.g. TCP, HTTP
• Has initiative, and is able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
About the Company:
DemonWare is an Irish technology company acquired by Activision in 2007.
Now part of Activisions’ Central Technology group, we work hand-in-hand with some of the top game development studios in the world, providing them with online software and services powering some of the biggest AAA games in the world.
•DemonWare’s software has shipped in 90+ games
•DemonWare services are used by 170+ million gamers
•Our hosted services regularly have in excess of 2M+ concurrent online gamers
•Our hosted services have an average query response time of less than .01 seconds
•Key studios: Blizzard, Neversoft, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, High Moon, Vicarious Visions, Raven, Sledgehammer
•Key franchises/titles: Call of Duty, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, Blur, Battle.net
Enquiries & applications to: jobs ‘at’ demonware.net