Black Shamrock is looking for a lead environment artist to work on a new ambitious project.
– Work in tandem with our Art Director to establish an iconic look for our world within the challenging parameters set forth by our game designers.
– Work with our technical artist to establish an efficient environment content pipeline, and identify possible needs and tools necessary to keep environment asset creation as streamlined as possible
– Estimate workload, suggest planning and set priorities for the art team
– Assist in the production of graphic assets & level art according to the project’s needs
– Produce high-quality lighting and shadowing effects through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints
– Know the game’s storyline and gameplay (game design documents) and adjust the work to reflect these elements
– Guarantee the quality of the models and ensure that they are produced on time
– Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues
– Anticipate production needs
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the games industry
– Previous experience as a Level Artist in the video game production (modeling / texture, level art / characters)
– Good understanding of lighting, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems
– Experience in team management
– Highly proficient in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Zbrush
– Knowledge of the technical constraints relating to 3D engines and level editors
– You are able to receive, give, and apply feedback effectively.
– Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
– Ability to understand and solve problems
– Ability to work with people from other fields of expertise
– Ability to work in a team, with good leadership skills
– Originality and proactivity when setting out solutions
– Well Organized
– Full-time in-house position
– Central Dublin location
– Available as soon as possible
– Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Resume – motivation letter – website – references… (if relevant)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, when answering this announcement add the Reference #ID01 in your email.
To: Recruitment manager