April saw some good news on the games front in Ireland.
Vela Games has announced significant new investment led by London Venture Partners and with investment from existing investor IIU. Lvp partner Mack Growen will join the board of directors as part of the investment.
The studio will use the investment to redefine Mulitplayer Gaming Through Co-Operative Play.
Founded in 2018 by Travis George, Brian Kaiser, and Lisa Newon George, Vela Games previously raised $3.7 million to establish a team of 16 developers from AAA studios, and prove out their design. This current round will accelerate delivery of the studio’s first title, a unique new genre of gameplay Vela Games is calling Multiplayer Online Co-Operative, or MOCO for short.
“We’ve been building out our bold vision for MOCO over the past two years and we are excited to work with Lvp to combine their long history and expertise in scaling genre-defining games companies with our own,” commented Travis George.
“We believe it’s important to work with partners who are excited about our mission, and Lvp has a great track record of working with innovative companies. We are thrilled to add Lvp to our fantastic team of existing partners, including IIU and Enterprise Ireland,” added Kaiser.
“Our goal is to reimagine what multiplayer co-operative gaming looks like with a player first mentality in everything we do,” commented Newon George. “Co-operative gaming hasn’t yet been developed to its full potential. We want to create a new genre of game that will enable us to unite both PvP and PvE players from all over the world.”
Well done everyone.
More news at https://vela.games/press-release-lvp-080420/
We are looking for a web application engineer to build content and LiveOps tools that will control the in-game experience for millions of players in our upcoming mobile game. You will need extensive technical expertise, the ability to work independently, and commitment to follow through on big ideas.
As a game developer at WarDucks, you are part of an agile, cross-functional and experienced team, building amazing multiplayer games. Your responsibilities would include building cutting-edge web tools for our Game Designers, Game Operators, Analysts, and Community Managers. You are always on the lookout for ways to help your fellow team members, optimizing workflows and creating tools that enable others to be creative.
- Overall responsibility of game operations tools (content, player support, in-game communication, etc…)
- Identify and solve problems in our content creation workflows and pipelines
- Actively participate in finding the best solution for new engine and tools features
- Design, implement and maintain user interfaces
- A full understanding of how to build and deploy RESTful services
- 3+ Experience delivering production quality, highly performant web application interfaces
- Experience configuring and developing with modern web technologies: ASP.Net, Typescript, WebPack, Node.js, SCSS, etc.
- Ability to write well-structured code and create robust solutions
- Efficient communicator
- A passion for games and game development
- Experience with mobile games a plus
- Experience with C# a plus
- Experience with Unity a plus
WarDucks is an all-star development studio known for top-notch entertainment software. After a series of hit VR games, we are now developing an exciting (unannounced) Augmented Reality game for mobile platforms. We’ve pulled together a tight team of experienced game devs from around the globe, and we’re building a new kind of gaming experience that we can hardly wait to show you!
If you are interested in applying, e-mail your C.V and cover letter to email@example.com
**Posted April 24th 2020