The deadline for applications for this position has now passed.
Network in Play are looking to hire a graphic designer, part time, to create a document visualizing and communicating the findings from our research project for different audiences.
This job includes working with the researchers to define the project requirements and then creating graphics and layouts. You will shape the visual aspects of the document(s) which will be available in downloadable PDF format from www.gamedevelopers.ie/diversity and the main project website www.refig.ca. The goal is to attract and inform a range of audiences including: educators, researchers, and the general public.
- Develop a visual concept based on the research findings and materials in accordance with the project requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colours and layouts for each graphic
- Work with project co-ordinators to produce final design
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics,
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field
- Experience of data visualisation
- Experience designing educational materials for adults
Dates and duration:
This role is available on a part time basis but the work needs to be completed by mid November 2019. The work can be done remotely although at least one face to face meeting will be required.
The role will be paid in line with public sector pay rates and experience. The successful candidate must be tax compliant and will be paid through the university.
How to apply:
If you have excellent visual communication skills, work well in a team, and deliver to a deadline we would like to hear from you.
Please send a letter of application, a CV and links to three previous projects to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
Deadline for application: Friday 11st of Oct, 2019 at 18.00.
Please note: This is a re-advertisement of a position initially advertised in May 2019.
About ReFig and Network in Play
The goal of the Network In Play project is to create games related events that put equity, inclusion and diversity at the centre.
This is both an academic research project and an engaged community project established by Dr. Aphra Kerr (Maynooth university and gd.ie) and Vicky Twomey-Lee (Coding Grace). Our project is funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council in Canada via the ReFiG project. The ReFig project is ‘committed to promoting diversity and equity in the game industry and culture and effecting real change in a space that has been exclusionary to so many’.
The project began in Feb 2016 and we will complete our activities during 2019. We have designed and run a series of female friendly workshops that explicitly tried to address issues of diversity in games.
More info: https://gamedevelopers.ie/diversity/