Deadlines are fast approaching for modding and student sections of the Independent Games Festival to be held in San Jose, CA in March 2006.
IGF Mod Competition
The IGF’s new mod competition, for which the entry deadline is November 1, 2005 at 11:59pm PDT, will award the most outstanding, independently developed ‘total conversion’ modifications for four major game titles. The game titles are as follows:
* IGF Best Mod – ‘Half-Life 2’ ($2,500)
* IGF Best Mod – ‘Unreal Tournament 2004’ ($2,500)
* IGF Best Mod – ‘Neverwinter Nights’ ($2,500)
* IGF Best Mod – ‘Doom 3’ ($2,500)
IGF Student Showcase
The IGF’s Student Showcase, for which the entry deadline is November 15 , 2005 at 11:59pm PDT, will highlight a total of ten games this year:
* 8 outstanding Student Showcase finalists constructed using all original elements.
* 2 outstanding Student Showcase finalist constructed using large-scale middleware such as graphics engines.
More info on how to enter http://www.igf.com/submit.htm