Applications to be an IGDA Scholar at GDC Europe & Gamescom 2015 are now available!
GDC Europe will take place 3-4 August and Gamescom from 5-9 August, 2015 in Cologne, Germany. Students from undergrad to PhD programs interested in going into the games industry are eligible for this opportunity.
The IGDA Scholarship Program is a 14 year old program that kick-starts careers of the best and brightest students entering the games industry. This program awards scholarships to select individuals who apply. Scholarship winners will receive:
· Conference Passes to GDC Europe & Gamescom.
· Mentorship: A veteran, industry mentor assigned to the scholarship recipient based on the field of his or her study. This mentor meets with them during the conference, helps them network, and maintains a relationship with the student throughout his or her career.
· Studio tours: In 2014 students toured DoubleFine, 3 Rings, DICE LA, Insomniac Games, and Gree as part of their IGDA Scholarships. Our program works hard to ensure students receive studio tours at each conference experience.
· Booth Tours: This is usually specific to E3 and Gamescom. As part of this students get to play games and meet with developers one on one. During Gamescom 2014, students met with Lewis Brown from EA about how to get into industry, spoke with Tim Symons from Nintendo Europe about publishing with Nintendo, sat down with industry legend Don Daglow, and received special access to the Sony Press Conference.
· Q&A Sessions: We invite students to speak to veterans in private sessions. In 2014 our GDC Europe & Gamescom scholars had the opportunity to speak with industry luminaries including Brenda and John Romero, Oculus Product Lead Joe Chen, and Microsoft Tech Evangelist Lee Stott!
Applications for GDC Europe & Gamescom 2015 are due the 5th of May! Visit: http://scholars.igda.org/how-to-apply/ to apply.
For general information visit scholars.igda.org! And follow us on Twitter @IGDA_scholars for updates.