Submit your events to GameDevelopers.ie by clicking here
- This event has passed.
Dublin International Game Music Festival 2016
April 29, 2016 - May 1, 2016
Those of you who attended the 2015 iDIG Music Fest were treated to three days of game music history at the Convention Center Dublin. For a taste of last year’s amazing events, visit these links:
– The Official 2015 iDIG Music Fest Recap: http://idigmusicfest.com/2015-recap/
– “Malach, Angel Messenger” from “World of Warcraft. Warlords of Draenor.”
The piece was performed with Video Games Live, Malukah, 130+ musicians on the stage, and synchronized live with 128 videos submitted from around the world, conducted by the composer: http://idigmusicfest.com/2015-recap/
– The DIT Irish Traditional Music Ensemble brought the audience to tears performing their versions of our favorite video game themes, most notably from “The Legend of Zelda.” So moving was the performance, it launched a successful Kickstarter campaign to create a new CD. “Songs of Zelda, A Link to the Celts.” We will debut the arrangements from the CD at the 2016 festival! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/songsofzelda/eimear-noone-presents-songs-of-zelda-a-link-to-the
Last year’s platform is just a starting point. So what do we have planned for 2016?
As it was in 2015, we will have three days of events, the last day once again being the headlining Video Games Live Show. On the first two days, all the events will start at 10:00 and run until 6:30.
Here are the highlights of what we have planned for 2016:
– Like last year, we will host lots of visiting composers and music performers from the video game world! All of the 2015 participants have expressed the desire to return, and we even have a waiting list of composers that all want to join in the fun. As it was last year, the lineup will be world class!
– All the game developers have expressed the desire to return – and in 2016 we will have longer dedicated periods to check out their brilliant work.
– Likewise, our game artists all wish to return – we expect even more talent this year!
– A big hit in 2015 was our Demo Derby where our experts critiqued the work of aspiring composers. We will extend our “Demo Derby” to two hours so we can accommodate even more up and coming talent.
– We will have a bigger and better cosplay ball.
And much much more…