Two of my colleagues (with Physics degrees) were explaining the ‘Game of Life’ concept to me (who doesn’t have a Physics degree):
and in Java:
and I wanted to show him Darwinia as it sounded vaguely related.
To anyone with a quantum brain, how can system that has hard and fast rules*, create different final states? How is chaos coming from order, in this case?
* For a space that is ‘populated’:
– Each cell with one or no neighbors dies, as if by loneliness.
– Each cell with four or more neighbors dies, as if by overpopulation.
– Each cell with two or three neighbors survives.
For a space that is ’empty’ or ‘unpopulated’
– Each cell with three neighbors becomes populated.