Home Forums Programming

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lots and lots of places offer internships but I don’t know anywhere that lists them so I’m afraid you will have to check their websites and/or get on the phone and ring around to ask their HR people. Check out http://www.gamedevmap.com/ for a list of studios. Start with big publisher owned studios and work down from there.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lots and lots of places offer internships but I don’t know anywhere that lists them so I’m afraid you will have to check their websites and/or get on the phone and ring around to ask their HR people. Check out http://www.gamedevmap.com/ for a list of studios. Start with big publisher owned studios and work down from there.[/quote:8fd8a6219e]

Not the case majority of game companies do not offer internships due to the secrecy of their IP. Only ones that jumps to mine in the UK are Rare and possibly Blitz.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Think Blackrock in Brighton do as well long as I remember

Anonymous
      Inactive

Demonware will be offering 2 – 4 paid internships again next year. (We usually do but had to postpone taking on anyone last year.

There will be 1 – 2 engineering positions and 1 – 2 production co-ordination positions available. The postions will be available from March for 3 – 9 mths depending on the role and the person’s availability.

Applicants must be 18+ and either completed or be near to finishing CS (or similar) at third level

More info over the coming weeks.

NB: applying for one of these positions BEFORE the spec has been advertised on this site or our own will most likely result in disappointment as:-
      (a) you may not meet the reqts
      (b) we prob won’t have time to review any applications until end of November!

More info coming soon![/i]

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anonymous
      Inactive

Frontier take on a few as well afaik.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Not the case majority of game companies do not offer internships due to the secrecy of their IP. Only ones that jumps to mine in the UK are Rare and possibly Blitz.[/quote:ad8078207d] As well as all the studios listed above EA and most other publisher studios DO offer internships as do many big developers (Eurocom). I also know quite a few small studios such as Strawdogs in Derby, Monumental in Nottingham and others who also take students on placements.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Programming’ is closed to new topics and replies.