Home Forums General Discussion 1944 D-Day: Nominated for best Best Upcoming Indie Game 2007

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi all

Moddb holds it’s annual mod of the year awards. For the past few years it has included indie games and this year 1944 D-Day, has been selected for the second phase of voting. What this boils down to is that 1944 made the top 100 of ModDB’s Mods & Indie games for 2007. Tall order given the number of mods out there and the extremes some mods went to get on this list.

The second phase of voting can be seen here:

http://www.moddb.com/events/2007-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100

If you scroll down half a page or so, and expand the Indie games you will see 1944 D-Day (first in the list).

I would really appreciate it if people would vote for us, and if you have any gamer friends if you could introduce them to 1944 and have them vote.

This is a massive deal for us as : http://game.amd.com/us-en/default.aspx

Are the main sponsors and the final results will be on their site which sees over 3 million unique users per month (or so they say)

Anyway if you can scroll down half the page, extend out the unreleased indie games, and click vote it would really help us and give 1944 alot of publicity.

Cheers
      Ronan

Anonymous
      Inactive

Congratulations Ronan!

I’ve just voted, hopefully you’ll get good support from gd.ie members.
      Mal

Anonymous
      Inactive

I voted as well :D

I am looking foward to seeing this game in action, the screenshots i have sceen of models etc look very good.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Cheers lads, it’s been a very long and careful road, but we’ve stuck with it and are happy about the results.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey that’s great, well done. You got my vote!

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s fantastic Ronan, congratulations!

You have my vote, hopefully everyone else’s here too.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looks cool, congratz. Would have got my vote even if you didnt ask ;).

Anonymous
      Inactive

Got the vote.

But it says its coming for 360 and ps3?
      Are ye now registered developers now with Sony and Microsoft?

Anonymous
      Inactive

They’ve changed their site recently so I am not sure if it’s something that was added. WHile the Engine we have supports 360 & PS3, our primary focus is PC development, that’s not to say we are ruling out a console port / version, but our focus is PC.

I have listed the platform as PC, but please let me know if it’s something that was slipped in without me knowing as I really don’t want any confusion on this matter.

Anonymous
      Inactive

WHile the Engine we have supports 360 & PS3, our primary focus is PC development, that’s not to say we are ruling out a console port / version, but our focus is PC.
      [/quote:85ca1b9b8f]

Spoken like a true PR man lol.

Do you guys have offices or do you all work over the net.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Define an office ;)

I have a home office here in Ahtlone, there is another in Paris, Texas and Australia. Although I shall have a full fledged office by March of 2008 and hopefully start a recruitment blitz prior to this.

I’ve done what I can to keep the costs down, and ensure the money gets spent on what is actually needed, but at some point it has to get bigger.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just to follow AMD have placed the voting on their site:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/games_moddb.aspx?p=2

With over 3 million unique users per month, that’s pretty nice

Anonymous
      Inactive

congrats Ronan!

you got my vote :D

Good Luck

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good news Ronan, can you post some screenshots? I’d love to see how its shaping up.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.