Home Forums Business and Legal 2008 PC Gaming Market Report

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jamie Mc
      Keymaster

Hi guys,

There has been an interesting report released today exclusively looking at the PC games market. Its an interesting read for anyone working in this space.

Link: http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/imwp/download.asp?ContentID=15559 (PDF)

Jamie

Anonymous
      Inactive

"The PC is the largest single platform for games with annual worldwide revenue of about $11 billion".
      [/quote:2a913311a4]

I would like to see a further break-down of these numbers? I wonder if they include hardware (the PC’s themselves), as well as graphics/physics cards, or even gaming peripherals (Xbox360 Windows controllers, etc.)

-B.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I doubt it. I remember following up with some people a few years ago about how useful DFC Intelligence was and was it worth buying. I got back the response that it could be no more than educated guesses and gathering of press releases etc to get this information because no-one really has any proper data on hardware sales and in particular online sales. So the 11Billion I would take to be an extrapolation. I may be wrong of course.

Personally I think you will find that most of the PC market is subscriptions to mmo’s and the casual games market as found by bored people browsing the web – so hardware is whatever average pc happens to be in the lounge.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I doubt it. I remember following up with some people a few years ago about how useful DFC Intelligence was and was it worth buying. I got back the response that it could be no more than educated guesses and gathering of press releases etc to get this information because no-one really has any proper data on hardware sales and in particular online sales. So the 11Billion I would take to be an extrapolation. I may be wrong of course.[/quote:9bd2a82216]
      I tend to agree. an org whose focus is promoting PC says good things about the PC based on scanty info…. not too useful.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Business and Legal’ is closed to new topics and replies.