Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

so its:

30 dollar price cut for the elite

50 dollar price cut for the premium

20 dollar price cut for the core

No news when they are dropping it over here. Obviously trying to sell some more systems this year in the wake of the ps3 price drop and the delay of GTA 4.

Also, which is annoying, they are gradually adding HDMI ports to premium systems in the next few months. Which is shit cause thats the only thing I want that my 360 doesn’t have! Just because i’m thinking of getting a new TV

Anonymous
      Inactive

Gradually? Try right now…

Microsoft has begun to introduce HDMI-enable Xbox 360’s in the US, with retail already taking stock of the upgraded units, GamesIndustry.biz is reporting.

The high definition multimedia interface was previously only available on the Xbox 360 Elite, and currently there are no plans to include the function on the cheaper Core consoles.

"We are offering an HDMI port for Xbox 360 simply as another choice in Xbox 360 owners’ games and entertainment experience," said a representative for Microsoft to GameSpot.

"Retailers are gradually introducing HDMI-enabled Xbox 360s into the channel to meet demand."

"We have not announced any plans to add the HDMI to the Xbox 360 Core system," said the representative.

External packaging of the new model Premium console will carry the HDMI logo. Microsoft UK has yet to confirm whether European units will also be upgraded, or when they will be introduced into the market.[/quote:3b961ba9d4]

No word yet on whether the 65nm CPUs will be utilised, I’d say no for now though.

Link

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s begun to, obviously still some systems on shelves without the HDMI port

Anonymous
      Inactive

Gradually? Try right now…

Microsoft has begun to introduce HDMI-enable Xbox 360’s in the US, with retail already taking stock of the upgraded units, GamesIndustry.biz is reporting.

The high definition multimedia interface was previously only available on the Xbox 360 Elite, and currently there are no plans to include the function on the cheaper Core consoles.

"We are offering an HDMI port for Xbox 360 simply as another choice in Xbox 360 owners’ games and entertainment experience," said a representative for Microsoft to GameSpot.

"Retailers are gradually introducing HDMI-enabled Xbox 360s into the channel to meet demand."

"We have not announced any plans to add the HDMI to the Xbox 360 Core system," said the representative.

External packaging of the new model Premium console will carry the HDMI logo. Microsoft UK has yet to confirm whether European units will also be upgraded, or when they will be introduced into the market.[/quote:64f0af0a56]

No word yet on whether the 65nm CPUs will be utilised, I’d say no for now though.

Link[/quote:64f0af0a56]

Well that could not possibly be a more conveluted press release from Microsoft :D

I could have sworn I’d heard the core would also be getting a HDMI port. And a 10 euro price drop? WOW, THANKS MICROSOFT!

Seems like I won’t be getting Halo 3 at release; I don’t want to buy a 360 just to have it outdated weeks or months later. It’s getting as bad as buying a PC. Why are they 20 variations of the same friggin console? Why isn’t this all sorted by now, when Halo 3 is about to launch in two months? Is it deliberate? Are they trying to get desperate Halo fans to just buy up the crappy non-HDMI and 65nm chip Xboxes?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Exactly. Microsoft should ditch the core and let developers make games assuming that everyone has a hard drive. Anyone who doesn’t own a hard drive at this stage is probably only playing madden anyway on their 360 so they don’t count. The elite should be the premium and vice versa. It should be the same system just available in different colours.

I think Sony have worked it well in trying to achieve one product that consumers can buy, in 6 months their should be one 80 gig ps3 available, probably with Home included, and free PSN. And also a blu-ray player. Sounds like I’ll buy buying one in 2008, prob the day MGS4 come sout

Anonymous
      Inactive

Not sure I’d agreed with the press release being convoluted to be honest. While obviously nothing has been announced I would see this move as leading into a bigger updating of their current lineup which would see the phasing out of the Core system completely and the Premium and the Elite receiving the much needed internal upgrade in the CPU and cooling area. Having three different units seems unnecessary especially since the Elite and Premium are now only seperated by the larger hard drive and black casing on the latter.

Regarding the Halo 3 launch, the current moves are rather beneficial from an MS perspective. Look at it like this, one of the only things that would be holding people back from buying an X360 at the moment, in terms of the hardware itself, is the lack of HDMI on the Premium model*. Now MS know they’re not going to have the 65nm upgrades ready in time for the games launch so in the meantime it makes perfect sense to add it to the Premium model in order to entice people to get the console and game when the game is released. Not to mention the Halo 3 Edition of the console which will also appeal to the hardcore crowd and is based on the Premium console with HDMI included.

* From the perspective of someone who wants to buy one and would hence ignore the hardware failure problems but also someone who wouldn’t spend the money on Elite model but wants the hard drive and extras of the Premium.

Are they trying to get desperate Halo fans to just buy up the crappy non-HDMI and 65nm chip Xboxes?[/quote:de9ae3dc7a]
      So yes, in light of the above I’d say that’s exactly what they’re trying to do. Clear the shelves of the Core systems and as many of the Premium systems that they can while at the same time introducing the slightly updated Premiums while waiting for the 65nm versions to be ready.

Remember MS aren’t fools, they know that no one is going to sell their current X360 and replace it with a 65nm version, at least not enough to make this move with the intention of selling more consoles through people upgrading. Clearly something is going on, its just a case of what. ;)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Exactly. Microsoft should ditch the core and let developers make games assuming that everyone has a hard drive. Anyone who doesn’t own a hard drive at this stage is probably only playing madden anyway on their 360 so they don’t count. The elite should be the premium and vice versa. It should be the same system just available in different colours.

I think Sony have worked it well in trying to achieve one product that consumers can buy, in 6 months their should be one 80 gig ps3 available, probably with Home included, and free PSN. And also a blu-ray player. Sounds like I’ll buy buying one in 2008, prob the day MGS4 come sout[/quote:a3053c4d3f]

Are you agreeing to something I said, or another above poster? Because I disagree with what you say there. People who only play Madden? What is that supposed to mean? I want a Core with HDMI. And I hate sport games, why would I buy Madden? I want Halo, GTA IV, GOW games like that.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Maybe you are right but that’s before postage to Ireland. It looks like I’ll have to wait for the price drops anyway because I want my XBox as future-proof as possible and that means waiting for the new chipsets and HDMI port. It also almost certainly means not having an XBox for the Halo3 launch. Thanks Microsoft.

Does anyone have an email address for Microsoft Ireland so I can ask about when exactly the HDMI/65nm chipset consoles will retail here?

Anonymous
      Inactive

The elite is out here in september, those things are nice.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Soap Box’ is closed to new topics and replies.