Black Shamrock game development studio are looking for a senior lighting artist to join their team to “help us create a kick-ass action RPG based on a famous IP”. They are seeking a motivated and efficient artist familiar with environment pipelines, all aspects of asset creation, lighting and composition to join their studio based in Dublin.
What you will be doing:
● Produce high quality lighting throughout all stages of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints.
● Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and other Leads into the project.
● Placing special effects relating to the lighting and atmosphere of the game, such as fog, volumetrics, flares and camera effects.
● Applying post process effects such as bloom, tone mapping, exposure etc.
● Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
● Work closely with the Art Director to achieve the desired lighting and mood required
for the game.
● Work with the Level Designers and Environment Artists to establish lighting and enhance gameplay.
● Apply lighting and shadowing principles in respect of technical constraints.
● Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance.
● Reference design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project.
● Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team.
● Support the Lead Artist and Art Director in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
What you Should Have:
● At least 5 years of experience in the gaming industry, and as a real-time lighting artist on a AAA project.
● Solid understanding of CG lighting, both in real-time engines and software rendering.
● Exceptional eye for colour and composition, and light and shadow.
● Ability to work with different disciplines to deliver lighting which follows the concept and art direction whilst also acknowledging and enhancing the game design.
● Excellent understanding of in-game lighting techniques, atmospheric effects and subsequent systems.
● Working knowledge of relevant 3D software (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.).
● Superb problem solving skills, both creative and technical.
● Experience of different game engines and production pipelines is desirable.
● Good interpersonal and communication skills.
● A strong portfolio focused on lighting work.
● Full-time in-house position.
● Central Dublin location.
● Available as soon as possible.
● Salary to be defined depending on your profile.
Posted: 18th Sept, 2019.