Call for Participation: 9th Irish Conference on Game-Based Learning* The Irish Conference on Game Based Learning (iGBL), formerly the Irish Symposium on Game-Based Learning, now in its 9th year, will be hosted in Cork (Ireland) on 26th, 27th and 28th June 2019.
This conference provides a forum for all stakeholders interested in exchanging ideas, projects, and best practices on the use of games and game-based approaches to support motivation, learning, and change.
– Researchers will be able to present and share their latest findings.
– Students will have an opportunity to present their research or
showcase their games, and meet specialists in this field to obtain
– Instructors will have the opportunity to discover new game-based
teaching approaches and share new game-based skills that they can integrate
in their teaching.
– Companies will be able to showcase their products and explain how
these can be used in the context of learning and motivation.
Prospective presenters can submit their abstract through the online submission system <http://igbl-conference.com/cf
We welcome abstracts from a wide range of stakeholders, including researchers, instructors, or students, who will have the opportunity to conduct workshops, present research results, or provide insights on how they managed to design or use games for educational or motivational purposes.
The best seven research presentations will be shortlisted to be published in the International Journal of Game-Based Learning <http://igi-global.com/ijgbl/>
– 25th of January: Early Abstract submission deadline.
– 22nd of February: Final Abstract submission deadline.
– 25th of March: Notification of abstract acceptance.
– 25th of March: Successful abstracts are invited to submit an extended
version to be published in the conference proceedings.
– 12th of April: Registration deadline for presenting authors.
– 12th of April: Submission of extended abstracts.
– 22nd of April: Notification of acceptance of extended papers.