Full Time / Part Time – 100% Remote – Work from Home Position. First-Time/Student positions considered for people living in Ireland.
We are LemonChili Games. We’ve had 10+ years experience working for international media & tech companies with our sister company PepperMelon, such as Viacom, Nickelodeon, MTV, Vh1, Turner, Cartoon Network, Google, Microsoft and XBOX, and for the past 2 years we decided to fund and create our own IPs. We are currently creating games in various platforms, but mostly focusing on mobile. Our projects have been featured in SXSW, IndieCade, Tokyo Game Show (Tough Coded: Live), App of the Day & New Games We Love in Apple’s AppStore (Boop Kids, Floyd’s Sticker Squad, and Tower Power) and have won the award for one of the top 3 best indie games in Latam, prize given by Google Indie Latam Festival Sao Paolo 2018 (Floyd’s Sticker Squad).
What we are working on now
This job is for you if…
You’re passionate about software engineering, mobile gaming, and constantly expanding your knowledge. You have strong communication skills, are a self-learner and you engage with the product development lifecycle from concept to support. You also pay close attention to detail, animation and user experience.
- Strong communication skills. You can validate and communicate your decisions clearly.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Own and deliver maintainable, well-tested code.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Collaborate with peers on product brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Take responsibility for solving product issues – large and small.
- Play a key role in improving the software architecture
- Implement mobile solutions to improve our iOS and Android apps directly.
- Excellent knowledge of Unity3D, including experience with scripting, textures, materials and shaders, 2D math, and performance optimizations.
- Experience with debugging tools, and the usage of the Unity Profiler
- Creative problem solvers and risk takers. You like to take initiative in pushing a project forward but know when to get others involved.
- Ability to develop and use complicated data structures and algorithms. This includes understanding the fundamentals, as well as navigating and improving existing code.
- Experience optimizing memory and space usage
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game programming standards and development technologies
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with current design and architectural patterns
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git and Git-lfs.
- Experience working with Jira
- Excellent fluent spoke & written English.
- We are a small, remote team in different time zones and communicate with a variety of tools throughout the day. You should feel comfortable with the intricacies of this type of work situation.
- You must know your way around git and understand version control well, and be able to carry out typical operations with it, including branching, merging, submitting code for peer review, and reviewing your peers’ code yourself.
- We apply Scrum as a development methodology, and broadly endorse Agile as a philosophy. You must be open to working this way as well, and prior experience is a plus.
- Discipline concerning delivery dates, stylistic appreciation of what makes code good and readable, and a positive attitude about documentation, tickets, and issue tracking, are all very important “soft skills” for our developers to have.
- Have a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- Fluency in written and oral Spanish is a plus
- Experience with pixel and vertex shaders in Unity3D is a plus
- Java, Objective-C and Swift knowledge.
- Prior experience with a well-known mobile title or AAA titles are a significant asset
What We Offer
- Scrum development process
- An excited, communicative, and helpful team – we keep our work environment positive.
- Due to time zone difficulties, we’re currently only accepting applicants in Ireland.
- Interact and collaborate daily with a world-class product, UX and design teams.Improve your skills and learn from top-notch engineers.
- Push your code to thousands of users every day.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you. Use the application below to apply!
We recognize several levels of seniority and experience for developers, and tie compensation and responsibility to this. We are looking for all levels of developers for this position.
Apply your CV, github profile, and other relevant links below.
Link to apply: https://www.lemonchiligames.com/unity3d-remote-developer-job
Contact e-mail: email@example.com