The Game Developers Conference Europe 2004 takes place from August 31st until September 3rd at Earl’s Court , London. It is running alongside the ECTS.
The key topics this year are:
· Managing the risk associated with bigger teams and multiple projects
· Delivering an ever more sophisticated AAA games experience in shorter time-scales
· Managing the tight deadlines of delivering games tied to film release
· Funding models: how they work, what they cost the developer and how they change the business model
· Developing for PSP and Xbox2
· Post-mortems on AAA games
· Tutorials on leading games software tools for new platforms
There are a wide range of speakers including Ernest Adams and Tim Ansell.