The IGDA Scholarship Program is a 14 year old program that kick-starts careers of the best and brightest students entering the games industry. This program awards scholarships to select individuals who apply. Scholarship winners who attend E3 will receive:
1. E3 Pass: A Conference Pass to E3.
2. Mentorship: A veteran, industry mentor assigned to the scholarship recipient based on the field of his or her study. This mentor meets with them during the conference, helps them network, and maintains a relationship with the student throughout his or her career.
3. Studio tours: In 2014 students toured DoubleFine, 3 Rings, DICE LA, Insomniac Games, and Gree as part of their IGDA Scholarships. Our program works hard to ensure students receive studio tours at each conference experience.
4. Booth Tours: This is usually specific to E3 and Gamescom. As part of this students get to play games and meet with developers one on one. During E3 2014, students met one on one with designers from Ubisoft, attended a Destiny after hours event, met with Disney, and sat down with Oculus after conference hours.
5. Q&A Sessions: We invite students to speak to veterans in private sessions. A few of the ones from the 2014 conference experiences included Brian Fargo (Fallout, Wasteland, Wasteland 2), Don Daglow (Intellivision, Utopia, Neverwinter Nights), John Romero (Doom,Ravenwood Fair, Red Faction), and Jenova Chen (ThatGameCompany, Journey,Flow, Flower).
Applications for E3 2015 are due the 24th of March!