The fourth Irish Human Computer Interaction (HCI) Conference will take place at Dublin City University on September 2nd & 3rd 2010.
Based on the success of the IxDA Industry session organised last year, IxDA Ireland was invited to organise a similar industry session for iHCI 2010. The industry session will take place in the afternoon of September 2nd 2010.
The organisers are looking for practitioners whose work relates to the fields of HCI and Interaction Design to present their work to this forum, which will attract academics, researchers, practitioners and students from Ireland and from abroad.
This year, the general conference theme is “Crossing Boundaries”, so they are particularly interested in work that explores new realms and crossed boundaries in Interaction Design practice. They are also looking for contributions that address the boundaries between academia and industry, as well as the boundaries between the designer, stakeholders and end users.
submissions related (but not limited to) the following topics are of interest:
* Accessibility & Universal Access
* Case studies
* Collaboration, groupware and social networks
* Context-aware systems
* Ethnographical and field studies
* Evaluation methods and frameworks
* Evaluation and usability
* Group interaction and mobility
* Human-centred design practices, tools and methods
* HCI Theory and Practice
* Information visualization and presentation techniques
* Novel user interfaces, interaction techniques and technologies
* Mobile, Ambient, Augmented or Tangible HCI
* Multimodal interaction and interfaces
* Multi-cultural interaction
* Ubiquitous, pervasive, and mobile interaction
* User-centred design
* Usability investigation and evaluation
* Wearable computing, smart clothes, new devices and sensors
Please submit a 150 word abstract, describing the content of your suggested presentation and how it relates to the conference theme. Abstracts will have to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The deadline for abstracts submission is the 30th of June 2010. Presenters will be notified by the 16th July 2010. Presentations will take place on the afternoon of the 2nd September 2010.
IxDA Ireland is the Irish chapter of the Interaction Design Association. We are a national network dedicated to the academic and professional practice of Interaction Design. IxDA Ireland is an ongoing collaboration between the Dublin and Limerick local chapters of the IxDA. The two groups host their own regional meetings on a regular basis and, from time to time, join forces to organise national events.