Immersive VR Education are looking for Unity Game Developers to join their Waterford based studio. The successful candidates must have 4+ years of experience and will get to work with an award winning VR development studio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Plan, design and implement features that focus on user interactions using Unity as a primary development
● Translate business requirements to technical concepts.
● Breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
● Develop high quality, scalable and robust code.
● Develop technical documentation for internal use.
● Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – architecture discussions, design reviews, and code
● Quickly create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs and interaction patterns.
● Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
● Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and share with the team to help achieve
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
● 4+ years industry experience working with Unity or other game frameworks.
● Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience.
● Strong C# object-oriented programming (Mandatory requirement) & scripting language skills.
● Strong 3D math skills.
● Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc).
● Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU).
● Experience working on a physics-based game project.
● Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team.
● Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
● Experience with shipped applications on an embedded product or have published applications on an app.
● Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
● Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
● Experience with Photon Unity Networking (PUN).
● Experience developing applications using RESTful APIs.
● Experience with delivering code for multiplayer games, having shipped at least 1 complete multiplayer game.
● Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews, source.
control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations.
● Worked as a gameplay programmer on an established team.
● Experience in any XR platforms such as Google Daydream, Oculus Rift, Gear VR, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, or
● Machine learning or experience with algorithm development.
● Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
● Full-time position.
● Salary to be defined depending on experience.
● 20 days Annual Leave,10 public holidays and closed for Christmas holiday period (which doesn’t affect
your Annual Leave).
● Working 40 hours a week with flexitime.
● No weekend work or overtime.
● Relocation financial assistance available for new hires moving to Ireland.
● Employee medical scheme.
● Employee assistance programme.
● Employee Training & Development Scheme.
● Employee bike to work scheme.
● Employee Referral Program.
● Free snacks, fruit, coffee and tea.
● Waterford City low cost of living and a short commute to work.
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate, Junior or remote workers and having an EU work permit is desirable.
To apply email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org