Unity Game Developer – iOS/Android [Filled}
Type: Remote Contract Job
Highline Games – New York
Highline Games are a New York based mobile game developer best known for their hit iPad game W.E.L.D.E.R. Founded by two veterans of Rockstar New York who have worked on the Grand Theft Auto and Midnight Club series, among others, they are seeking to recruit a talented Unity Game Developer from #IrishGameDev to work on an upcoming project due to commence in November.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to work on a commercial game, and level up their skills. We are looking for a self-starter and a problem solver who can manage their own workflow, be punctual for online meetings and calls, comfortable working remotely, quickly able to integrate with the existing team and co-ordinator (in New York) and delivering assigned tasks to defined schedules and deadlines.
They must also be able to document their code, and troubleshoot and be able to act on their feet to deal with issues that arise during development.
We are seeking a Unity Game Developer who is a coder first and foremost. We prefer to work with people who love to code more than anything else. You will be working with an experienced developer who will work with you to architect the project, periodically review your code and provide guidance where necessary, but you will be responsible for building a solid working game.
- Implement game functionality as per design document and specification
- Give regular feedback to project lead as to implementation issues and possible improvements to game design
- Create tools for level design and tweaking of mechanics
- Provide good estimates about how long a given task will take and stick to them
- Check code into GitHub daily for review
- Communicate with other team members to establish pipeline and integrate media assets
- Produce technical documentation
- Address bugs and other technical issues identified for subsequent release
- Be available to work directly with the New York (GMT -5 hours) team for at least 2 hours a day
- Excellent knowledge of Unity C# and OOP
- Experience with iOS and Android platforms, including IAP and Gamecenter implementation
- Experience using the 2D features of Unity
- At least 1 complete game built with Unity
- At least 3 years games programming experience
- A passion for games, particularly of the puzzle genre
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, a high standard of work and ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate with a remotely distributed team
- Ability to deliver required tasks on time and not miss deadlines
Reporting: You will report to our lead developer in New York
Hours of work: This role is a full time (40 hours a week) remote job. The expected duration of the contract is between 3 and 5 months.
Renumeration: Based on experience, and negotiable with the successful candidate
How to apply: This position is now filled, and no further applications are being taken.
Interview process: Shortlisted candidates who are called to interview will need to be available for a Skype interview, and the successful candidate needs to available to start in the first or second week of November through to approximately February.
Please note: Direct applicants only. We do not accept applications referred by recruitment agencies for this role.