Gd.ie is happy to publicice that Irish indie developer Ballardia has their first title, World of the Living Dead, in closed beta.
Gd.ie have five beta keys to give away to the first five people who e-mail aphra at gamedevelopers dot ie.
World of the Living Dead is the work of Dave Barton – former Chief Game Designer at Jolt Online and designer of the Jolt/Activision Legends of Zork game – and Kulpreet Singh – former CTO of Jolt Online.
World of the Living Dead is about the difficulties of surviving in the zombie apocalypse, about scarcity, dehydration and starvation. Players must guide their small group of survivors through the zombie-filled streets of over twelve thousand square kilometers of Los Angeles County, competing against other players for scarce resources to survive.
For more see:
Game Title: World of the Living Dead (WotLD)
Format: Online / Browser / PC / Mac / Linux / iPhone / iPod / iPad / Smartphones
Genre: Zombie / Survival / Strategy
Release Date: Q1 2011
* Survival strategy zombie MMO browser game
* Huge game universe, starting with all of Los Angeles County
* Background story based on a drastic plan to save humanity
* Competition for limited resources – locations do not replenish
* Realistic character needs based on fear, fatigue, hunger and thirst
* Hardcore PvP with character permadeath and item looting from corpses
* Establish upgradeable safehouses and claim territory
* Control multiple characters with unique skill development paths
* Real-world weapons and items
* 100+ in-game collectible bonus cards
* Dozens of achievements for surviving, fighting and exploring
* Over 9 million zombies!