As Build Engineer you will work closely with the Development Teams to support and design continuous integration and delivery pipeline applications, various scripting and automation tasks relative to application and service delivery, and/or platform support. Other duties may include general assistance with projects, troubleshooting and SDLC support.
This is a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in a multi-project, fast-paced studio.
You will have prior experience with Git, Git-flow, source control management pipelines and preferable build pipelines for mobile platforms.
• Manage build, configuration and deployment aspects of our various catalogue of apps
• To set up and maintain a Continuous Integration environment which builds, deploys and performs end to end testing of multiple iOS and Android-based applications.
• Manage our software repositories using Git and Git flow patterns
• Identify and evaluate tools and solutions to improve our end to end build process, for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Testing.
• Ability to efficiently investigate and troubleshoot problems when they arise.
• Have a strong ownership of the product test infrastructure and aim to constantly improve it
• Develop an effective strategy for reporting the outcomes of automated builds and ensuring any problems are identified and addressed.
• Maintains environment release information across multiple environments such as software and configuration baseline version.
• Support and enhance build and release processes through automation using a combination of processes, existing tools, new tools, and enhancements.
• Responsible for successfully packaging and delivering products through the software development life cycle.
• Communicate effectively with other Development and QA engineers.
• Previous experience working with Git-flow and Git like patterns
• Previous experience with automated build management/continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
• Some relevant industry experience
• Experience of one or more of the following: Git, bash, Perl, python or some other widely used scripting language
• Some experience with build automation tools such as Gradle is nice to have.
Nice to Have
• DevOps experience
• Previous experience in an Agile environment.
• Knowledge of test automation tools
• Knowledge of unit testing frameworks
If you are interested in applying for this role please email email@example.com