Home Forums General Discussion 1000 Revolution ‘devkits’ shipped

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Fils-Aime also discussed the company’s next-generation Revolution console, which he says is still only a codename and not the final name of the system. “We have shipped over a thousand controller dev kits to developers so that they can begin getting experience with the controller mechanics. The response to the controller has been fantastic.” On Nintendo’s precise plans for moving into online gaming, the VP was cagier: “In terms of the details of Virtual Console, how it will work, the titles available, the entire environment and experience, we plan on sharing much of that detail at E3.”[/quote:4965943e0c]

Controller Devkits, does that mean devkits with a controller?

1000 ! :D

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/20/the-engadget-interview-reggie-fils-aime-executive-vice-preside/

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looking forward to seeing some titles at E3. It will be interesting to see what concepts developers come up with apart from the obvious FPS, Fishing etc ideas!

Anonymous
      Inactive

supposedly there is a completely new IP.

which would make sense.

hopefully it’s less colourful and more mature than mario et all. like link. or even better, the first realistic nintendo character.

you know, for variety. the only realistic one at the mo is Samus… and she can turn into a ball.

Anonymous
      Inactive

suposably we will see some resident evil 5 gameplay footage aswell!! :D

1000 devkits, awesome :shock:

Anonymous
      Inactive

1000 devkits, awesome :shock:[/quote:d81f9f4dc9]

Last I heard they had only started working on Res Evil 5 a few weeks ago I cant imagine they’d have gameplay footage ready by E3….

Anonymous
      Inactive

i thought they had been working on it since completion of resident evil 4?

Anonymous
      Inactive

i thought they had been working on it since completion of resident evil 4?
      [/quote:e315305cb0]

They have.

A trailer for RE5 (also known as biohazard) has already been shown, its been in development for quite some time now. Check out screenshots and the trailer here :

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/651/651975p1.html

So gameplay footage looks promising

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ignore me.

I was refering to this article

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143332.html?q=resident%20evil%205

Anonymous
      Inactive

ah ok. i would be suprised if capcom pushed to try and get some resident evil demo or game developed in time for the revloution launch. looks like true gameplay fans are going to be pleased with the revolution once its released!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think the RE5 is mock-up stuff, pretty sure the Director\Producer said that they are still investigating what to do, rather than working on the game.

I think Nintendo are going to do very well with the Revolution (or whatever it will be named). Good stuff.

Anonymous
      Inactive

you know, for variety. the only realistic one at the mo is Samus… and she can turn into a ball.[/quote:76bd1005b0]
      hehe, so true. quote of the week.

Yea i only play like 5 games on my gamecube. I really hope they open up a bit, because they rarely deviate from the cuddly graphics, and it does get tiresome.

And i hope the controller will work well for ‘normal’ games too. I do respect Nintendo for doing what theyre doing, but i suppose time will only tell if they pull it off.

Good to know the devkits are out anyway, hopefully 3rd party developers will have more cofidenve with the revo, then they did with the cube.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Meh…I will play “normal” games on my Xbox.

I want all the Revolution games to be insane…..

Anonymous
      Inactive

And i hope the controller will work well for ‘normal’ games too. [/quote:24d0b2291a]

this seems to be a recurring issue with lots of people but i can’t see why, i mean the revolution does have 4 ports for gamecube pads too.

all i really want to see from the revolution is some star wars lightsaber action :D :D :D :D :D :D

Anonymous
      Inactive

[salivate]Next version of Soul Calibur?[/salivate]

Anonymous
      Inactive

Super Mario: Bass Fishing, anyone?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Super Mario: Bass Fishing, anyone?[/quote:7be28d7b52]

Where do I sign…? :shock:

Anonymous
      Inactive

Super Mario: Titillation

Anonymous
      Inactive

Super Mario: Titillation[/quote:110ddefff9]

Shouldn’t that read – “Princess Peach: Titillation” ?

…I’ll get me coat, now

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just like all the “Super Mario” games, it has all the characters…….

Anonymous
      Inactive

1000 devkits, awesome :shock:[/quote:ca290471d4]

Resi 5 hasn’t even been confirmed for the revolution yet has it?

Anonymous
      Inactive

yeah. but doesnt mean we wont see footage for other consoles, or just footage from their production promotion

Anonymous
      Inactive

yeah. but doesnt mean we wont see footage for other consoles, or just footage from their production promotion[/quote:f968457b74]

ah, just thought cause the post was about revolution that was the specific platform you were talking about.

Anonymous
      Inactive

i hope we will see more the secrets of the “revolution” controller aswell, and maybe even the real name of the console. i think they should stick with revolution, they did the same with the gamecube i think.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Nah, the GameCube was called Dolphin, then briefly StarCube, before finally the GameCube

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.