Home Forums General Discussion 24 the game

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So 24 the game is out friday, whos getting it. Reviews have been mixed about it but i reckon if the story is as good as the show, then it will be mighty.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pretty sure it was out last friday in Ireland anyway, Peter. Reviews have been fairly poor. Id say game play is on par with some of the james bond games. Lots of variety but no particular section of the game standing out as great. Its worth picking up alright if your a fan of the show. Its supposed to pick up where season 2 story left off.

But since i only got into the show from 3 on, i wont bother with it. :roll:

Anonymous
      Inactive

didnt realise it was out in ireland a week ealry, but probably because paddys day falling on the release date.

Yeah im looking forward to the link between season 2 and 3 because theres one mega whole which they opened in the least few minutes of day 2 which they have to deal with. Why mandy tried to assassinate the president for the second time and what max had planned which was going to start that very day according to a phone call. also looking at the cast list on imdb, nina and mandy are both back in play so its gonna be good..
      I’ll sacrafice the gameplay if the story and feel of the show is there, the writers are legends.

Anonymous
      Inactive

that’s strange, when I saw the trailer, it looked like it was a GTA-like, maybe using the same engine. Is that an incorrect assumption on my part?
      That’d be a shame cos it really looks like they put some serious efforts on the cut scenes and virtual actors :-/

Anonymous
      Inactive

that’s strange, when I saw the trailer, it looked like it was a GTA-like, maybe using the same engine. Is that an incorrect assumption on my part?
      That’d be a shame cos it really looks like they put some serious efforts on the cut scenes and virtual actors :-/[/quote:f2c6d0779d]

well its not the same engine, cause gta was renderware, this is in house sony tools. Meant to be a mix of 3rd person, driving, puzzles etc.

Anonymous
      Inactive

anyone been to the game site? theres a wee mini game where you have to torture someone. I cant wait for this, should be awesome.
      Peter, you watched any of season 5 year? halfway through now, one of the best yet.

Anonymous
      Inactive

How are you half way through season 5… has it been released on DVD yet?

Anonymous
      Inactive

If it follows the usual trend….buy up a big name tv / film licence and make a game of it … it’ll be pretty poor.
      Apparently they’ve got Chris Moyles ( bbc radio 1 dj ) in it, but not his voice.

Anonymous
      Inactive

anyone been to the game site? theres a wee mini game where you have to torture someone. I cant wait for this, should be awesome.
      Peter, you watched any of season 5 year? halfway through now, one of the best yet.[/quote:d37b2ef348]

yeah ive been getting it from the states, dunno if id say best one yet. i liked series 3 and 4, but it is good.

ya moyles ran a competition last july or so to find someone who would appear as a face in the game. He appears as some unknown terrorist.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hrm, it just looks like another James Bond/The Punisher/big licence spinoff that is the usual jack of all trades but master of none. No thanks..

Anonymous
      Inactive

jack bauer would bitch slap you for saying that!

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hands up who nearly cried at the end of last weeks 2 hr special?[/quote:426aa31472]

Me, almost, my girlfriend was in floods.

Spoiler in tiny writing
      cant believe they killed edgar, he was one of the best characters, but we were talking after about all the great characters they’ve killed off, that girl who nina killed in day1 etc, but it was a real tear jerker the way they did edgar in.

How are you half way through season 5… has it been released on DVD yet?[/quote:426aa31472]

Its on in America at the minute, just hit the halfway mark (ep 12) been watching lost the same way, its up to ep 15 so far.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just got my copy of 24 the game a day early today (good old game preorder). Cracked into it on the wide screen at lunch time. in my opinion forget the reviews if you love the show you’ll love this, scee cambridge have done a great job.. im about 3hrs (in 24 time) into it and its really action packed, also the story is classic 24!! theres a real sense of urgency in the game but the ticking clock doesnt effect your gaming too much.
      3 hrs to home time and a hell of alot more gaming :)

oh gizmodx, if you were depressed at last weeks 2 hr you’ll be shocked by this weeks cliff hanger :) no more being said!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

24: The Game gets the 24-part right, but the game-part comes crumbling down very quickly.
      The Good: A sharply written storyline that’s at least as good as what the show typically offers; stylishly directed cutscenes; great voice acting.
      The Bad: Gameplay has too many cooks in the kitchen, and none of them are very good; driving missions are just plain awful; too many minigames that only barely qualify as actual games; frequent animation glitches; in-game camera is terrible.
      [/quote:179ad5c104]

Nah, I think i’ll listen to the review :)

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.