Home Forums General Discussion 60 GB iPod Photo

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Anyone know where I can get one of these in Dublin? What’s the best price? I know I can get ’em cheaper online, but I want it now!

Anyone wanna buy a 3rd generation 30GB iPod (good condition, full of wacky alternative music, but inscribed with http://www.boadle.com on the back!)

Lewis

Anonymous
      Inactive

Nope, why are you upgrading just out of curiosity, is it for the extra storage?
      And have you seen this: (also available from http://www.kompett.ie)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002DCJQI/ref=ord_cart_shr/202-4245048-9603801?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Anonymous
      Inactive

iRiver > iPod

That simple really!

:)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Meh.

Thanks Pete. I’m upgrading cos I’ve got closer to 60 GB than 30 GB of audio files.

I’ve been a happy iPod owner for a couple of years now (I remember people stopping me on the street and asking if that was an iPod I was listening to – before every Tom, Dick and Padraig had one!), and I like them simply because of the clean aesthetic and the fantastic usability.

I’d happily pay more for an iPod than any other device.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I like them simply because of the clean aesthetic and the fantastic usability. [/quote:61180f0ee6]

Don’t you need special software to transfer files onto an Ipod? The IRiver works just like a USB pendrive, drag and drop through explorer. Aswell as having a colour screen and photo browsing galore, the IRiver can play back xvid encoded movies via a firmware upgrade.

I should probably point out that I own neither, but I’ve been watching for a while to see what the best out there is before I take the plunge.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am not convinced of the take-up of video playing devices. I can’t imagine when I would use it, anyway.

As far as software goes, I use a media management tool called Media Centre. I can’t recommend this highly enough, it beats the pants off the likes of Windows Media Player etc.

There is an iPod plugin for MC which makes synching as simple as pressing a button.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I should probably point out that I own neither, but I’ve been watching for a while to see what the best out there is before I take the plunge.[/quote:fa0fbb793c]
      I’m in exactly the same boat. I’ve used iPods and indeed iTunes on many occasions and have always walked away frustrated by its lack of compatibility however. The iRivers are just more attractive in features to me.

On the other hand theres no question that iPods are more attractive. And yea you’re right, the sight of people walking around town with a pair of white earphones is becoming distrubingly familiar! :D

Oh and to answer you’re question Peats, Dixons and the 3G stores all sell them afaik, you’ll be paying extra for them there though!

Anonymous
      Inactive

There is an iPod plugin for MC which makes synching as simple as pressing a button.[/quote:f8ad2cec61]

Ok cool. Does the IPod playback ogg and wma formats too? In terms of bang for buck the latest IRiver models seem to rule the roost. As far as looks and ease of navigation go it seems the IPod can’t be beaten.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks guys, will ring around now.

On the subject of headphones, I heartily recommend iPod owners to ditch their standard headphones, and pick up a pair of Sony ‘In-ear buds’, or a pair of Shures, or Etymonics if you can afford it.

The Apple headphones are pretty poor, even the Apple ‘In-ears’ are inferior to Sonys.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have an Iriver, a H340… which is a beautiful machine. 40Gb, colour display for your pictoors, and the delightful file-tree drag and drop, none of this itunes guff… just GET ON MY IRIVER! Plus it does .ogg…Yes! Got it in america for a steal too… in off the red!!

must admit the click-wheel navagation is much quicker… but i prefer a controlled browse meself.

dermy

Oh, and you can transfer direct from camera… while handy!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think thats the one I had my eye on, you knew about the video playback thing?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I was thinking of buying an IPod or Jukebox but I got a new phone and I’m going to get a 1GB Multimedia Card(or two) for it and put some songs on it. I have already downloaded a media player for it which plays MP3, oog, WMA, DivX, Mpeg etc. 1GB is fine for me, I would simply put a few of my favourite albums on it, and if I want swap around.

Plus, I can browse the internet, make phone calls, take photos, take videos, check my email, and all sorts of other stuff. An extra function or feature is just a download away! ;)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sounds cool, what phone did you get?

Anonymous
      Inactive

QUOTE]I think thats the one I had my eye on, you knew about the video playback thing?

Pete, if this is refering to the direct from camera thing… i’m on about a dump from a memory card on a digital camera onto the iriver (photos).

Anonymous
      Inactive

No, you can play xvid and divx (I think) avis on the mofo!

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s a Treo 600 PalmOS Smartphone. There is a Treo 650 out, or coming out soon though…..

One of the best things though is that it has a large screen. Its touchscreen, but I try only to use the stylus cos I hate fingerprints on the screen!

Anonymous
      Inactive

//No, you can play xvid and divx (I think) avis on the mofo!

You had me curious that i’d missed this so had a jook, but you can’t play avis on the H300series. The PC-120 does though… nice big screen too.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Are you sure you have the latest firmware?

Anonymous
      Inactive

No firmware updates…it ships with the latest.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Back on thread….

Got my iPod photo from 02 Experience, Grafton St. Real nice (the device, not the shop).

Anonymous
      Inactive

Good stuff Lewis! I thrust it is as good as it looks?

Anonymous
      Inactive

i’m sorry, boadle…

Anonymous
      Inactive

I love it. Put it straight in a case so it won’t get scratched.

Have also put some of my 2d work on it (in case I bump into Shigeru Miyamoto in the pub tonight).

:)

L.

PS Dermy, no problem, but for future reference please remember the world DOES revolve around me.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I wasn’t sorry about the tangent the thread spun off on, i’m sorry you purchased the ipod!

Anonymous
      Inactive

LOL. Guess I asked for that!

Boadle<–Resists tempation to get into a my-mp3-player-is-better-than-yours debate!

But it is.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Give IN to your feelings. Let the anger flow through you……yessss……thats it.
      He is unarmed, STRIKE him down and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete!

Anonymous
      Inactive

<Throws iPod to floor>

“I’ll never join you”

Anonymous
      Inactive

So be it…….JEDI!

Anonymous
      Inactive

grrrrrrr

Anonymous
      Inactive

Next week on NoOptical and Boadle Relive Cinema:

Herbies Goes Bananas

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ok cool. Does the IPod playback ogg and wma formats too? [/quote:ae271b53d8]

In Bill Gates worst nightmare they do.

I have an iPod.

Buy an iRiver. Superior in almost every aspect.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Surely not usability?

Tell me more, I’m willing to be converted…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Boadle: <Throws iPod to floor>

See, i’d never do that to my iriver… ;)

As for Festoon’s “Superior in almost every aspect”… the almost he refers to is the ipod’s click-wheel.

Anonymous
      Inactive

As for Festoon’s “Superior in almost every aspect”… the almost he refers to is the ipod’s click-wheel.[/quote:26f2008338]

I.E. The control interface? That’s a pretty big ‘almost’.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.