Black Shamrock game development studio are looking for a Junior Unreal Engine programmer to join them in designing and shaping some new projects within the business. They are seeking a pragmatic and efficient coder that will take part during every aspect of game development.
What you will be doing:
● Develop and implement features and systems related to video game development like gameplay, AI, Audio, Networking, Physics/Motion etc.
● Work independently on one or several modules of the game.
● Use UE4’s framework to create game systems and features in C++, factoring external direction and team feedback into design decisions.
● Deliver high performance, high-quality code.
● Produce well-documented code and keep the wiki updated.
● Use source control to protect the code, and use bug reporting software to manage issues that need to be fixed.
● Prioritize and execute tasks.
What you Should Have:
● Strong C, C++, and object-oriented programming skills (Mandatory).
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science required.
● Experience with Unreal Engine is mandatory.
● Knowledge of 3d mathematics.
● Ability to work both within a team and independently as per requirements from time to time.
● Console development background is a plus.
● Agile development experience is a plus.
● Great organizational and communication skills (English).
● Passionate about Gaming.
● Full-time in-house position
● Central Dublin location
● Available as soon as possible
● Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Posted: 18th Sept, 2019.