Black Shamrock game development studio are looking for a Senior Level Artist to be part of their creative team and to work on ambitious Playstation4, Xbox One and PC games. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical understanding of environment asset and level creation, can easily communicate with other disciplines within the development team and will be able to take creative direction from the Art Director and Creative Director.
What you will be doing:
● Create gorgeous realistic 3D environments for AAA projects.
● Ensure all environments are optimised and built in accordance with the platforms technical limitations.
● Review and deliver work in accordance with the project’s artistic direction, and ensure unified look and consistent quality across all game environments.
● Develop knowledge and expertise within their team while furthering their own performance and skill base.
● Provide mentorship, feedback, and training to others on the team.
● Help set up level art best practices and streamline production processes.
● Identify project risks and problems and suggest relevant solutions.
● Prioritise, plan and organise tasks for themselves and their team in conjunction with the Producer.
● Delegate and assign work to team members using tracking tools such as Jira, Hansoft and Basecamp.
What you Should Have:
● At least 5 years of experience as Level Artist or 3D Artist (shipped at least 1 AAA console title).
● An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your environment work.
● Thorough understanding of the game creation process, from concept to launch.
● An in-depth understanding of effective asset creation and optimisation.
● Expert knowledge in a 3D modeling software such as Maya, 3DSMax and Blender and sculpting software such as ZBrush and Mudbox.
● Excellent knowledge in material and texture creation such as Substance Painter and Photoshop and a comprehensive understanding of PBR pipelines.
● Strong sense of scene composition and visual storytelling, with a strong eye for lighting, colour and detail.
● Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
● Be proactive and self-motivated, work without direct supervision.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
● Leadership, team and people management skills.
● International travel may be required as part of the role.
● Full-time in-house position.
● Central Dublin location.
● Available as soon as possible.
● Salary to be defined depending on your profile.
Posted: 18th Sept, 2019.