Black Shamrock game development studio are looking for an experienced tool engineer to help them in developing new and exciting projects within the gaming industry. The role requires someone who can work independently and liaise with designers, technical artists, UI/UX experts and programmers across the business, to deliver to both external and internal stakeholders.
What you will be doing:
● Build and Maintain the tool chain / pipeline used in gaming and technology projects.
● Liaising with other teams and departments to capture tools specs, provide feedback, and implement effective solutions.
● Coding and designing user interfaces to match the specs provided.
● Design scalable GUIs for different platforms.
● Create standalone tools and plugins for proprietary and commercial Game Engine Editors (UE, Unity), 2D/3D content creation suites (Maya).
● Write documentation for the tools you have created.
What you Should Have:
● At least 3-5 years of experience ideally in the gaming or digital entertainment industries
● Familiarity with extending Core Game Development Framework Editors such as Unreal Engine or Unity
● Good knowledge and experience of C/C++ and / or C#
● Experienced with at least one GUI Framework (QT, WPF, WinForms, etc..)
● Familiar with Scripting languages (Python, LUA)
● A knowledge of Havok or similar tools / middleware would be an advantage
● A working knowledge of Git, Perforce or similar Version Control Systems
● Flexible working attitude
● Full-time position.
● Central Dublin location.
● Spacious modern offices.
● Healthcare Plan for all employees.
● Free refreshments and fresh fruit.
Posted: 18th Sept, 2019.