SuperNimbus are always on the lookout for new talent in the video games industry. We specialize in back end technology, Real time multiplayer, Twitch Integrations and Analytics services. Projects do come up quite frequently and we’d love to have a chat with you if you think this would be a career path or if you are a freelancer and would like to add yourself to our expanded network of contacts we work with.
Junior Unity Developer
Objectives of this Role
- Take ownership of features and components of a games lifecycle and lead the product design and code implementation.
- Collaborate with other members of the Team and/or Customers to deliver large and complex features on time and to a professional standard.
- Be part of the development process and contribute solutions, improvements and suggestions, driving the quality of the code throughout the entire production cycle.
- Ensure schedules and goals meet business and project needs.
- Conduct code reviews and be part of the hiring process for future colleagues.
- Bring meaningful contributions and complementary skills to our projects.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Design and implement high-quality game features working as part of the wider team and in communication with our customers.
- Transform design specification into functional game systems and use cases.
- Communicate with clients to refine details and solve problems via shared chat, email and calls.
- Create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs, interaction patterns, technology and tools.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Identify process and application bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Learn new technologies and grow your development skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience with Unity 3D/Content Development, Unreal Development experience a bonus.
- Strong C# object-oriented programming and scripting language skills
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc)
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git in a multi developer team environment.
- Experience with Photon, Forge, Mirror or similar Unity Networking packages.
- Understanding of game Networking, Web requests and server/client interactions.
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
How to contact
Please send your CV to email@example.com.