SuperNimbus are always on the lookout for new talent in the video games industry. We specialize in back end technology, Real time multiplayer, Twitch Integrations and Analytics services. Projects do come up quite frequently and we’d love to have a chat with you if you think this would be a career path or if you are a freelancer and would like to add yourself to our expanded network of contacts we work with.
At SuperNimbus, we are looking for a talented and creative Unity Developer to work on online multiplayer games. You will be responsible for designing and implementing game functionality, translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into game systems.
Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in Unity Development technologies, strong programming skills. The candidate should have a detail orientated approach to projects, and the analytical skills to identify potential issues with a design or an existing implementation. Working across many different departments, this role requires a candidate with excellent communication and problem solving skills, initiative and a strong desire to learn new things.
Objectives of this Role
- Take ownership of entire features and components of a games lifecycle and lead the product design and code implementation.
- Collaborate with other members of the Team and or Customers to deliver large and complex features on time and to a professional standard.
- Be part of the development process and contribute solutions, improvements and suggestions, driving the quality of the code throughout the entire production cycle.
- Mentor other developers in the team and help maintain code, product, and process quality.
- Ensure schedules and goals meet business and project needs.
- Conduct code reviews and be part of the hiring process for future colleagues.
- Bring meaningful contributions and complementary skills to our projects and Team.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
Plan, design and implement high-quality game features working as part of the wider team and in communication with our customers.
Transform design specification into functional game systems and use cases.
Communicate with clients to refine details and solve problems via shared chat, email and calls.
Create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs, interaction patterns, technology and tools.
Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications and games.
Identify process and application bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience with Unity 3D/Content Development,Unreal Development experience a bonus.
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong C# object-oriented programming and scripting language skills
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc)
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
- Experience working with source control systems such as Git in a multi developer team environment.
- Understanding of game Networking, Web requests and server/client interactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or higher.
- Experience building Network multiplayer games or Online games.
- Experience with Photon, Forge, Mirror or similar Unity Networking packages.
- Experience with Game backend/server development.