Black Shamrock game development studio are looking for an experienced programmer to help them with a variety of projects coming down their pipeline in the next few months. They are seeking a pragmatic and efficient coder familiar with the aspects of game development that will be a key addition to their Dublin based team.
What you will be doing:
● Develop and implement features and systems related to video game development like gameplay, AI, Audio, Networking, Physics/Motion etc.
● Work independently on one or several modules of the game.
● Action RPG based on a famous IP – Core gamer.
● Identify missing details in feature requests and can break down the tasks into parts that can be implemented and tested.
● Helps to enforce best coding practices in the team.
● Take critical technical decisions during the development process.
● Work closely with Game Designers, Artists and Project Manager.
● Deliver high performance, high-quality code.
● Prioritize and execute tasks.
● Anticipate production technical needs.
What you Should Have:
● Strong C, C++, and object-oriented programming skills (Mandatory).
● At least 3 years experience in the games industry as a Game Programmer.
● Must have shipped at least one game on console (Mandatory).
● High aptitude and strong analytical skills.
● Strong optimization skills on both memory and performance fronts.
● Strong debugging skills.
● Has knowledge of 3d mathematics.
● Great knowledge of the technological and organizational aspects involved in developing successful state of the art AAA games.
● Ability to work both within a team and independently as per requirements from time to time.
● Knowledge of low-level system architecture.
● Console development background is a plus.
● Agile development experience is a plus.
● Good organizational and communication skills (English).
● Passionate about Gaming.
● Full-time in-house position.
● Central Dublin location.
● Available as soon as possible.
● Salary to be defined depending on your profile.
Posted: 18th Sept, 2019.